Monday, October 19, 2015

Welcome to my blog!

I am spending four months in Leeds, England to research primary education in the UK as part of the Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching program.  In addition to auditing two classes at the University of Leeds, I get to spend my time in schools observing teachers and students, transcribing the language they use in the processes of teaching and learning, and organizing ideas for my final project (more on that as it unfolds).

As an extra perk, I also get to explore the UK with my lovely wife, Frances.  Leeds is almost equidistant between London and Edinburgh, which makes it really easy to get out and about to see as much of this "green and pleasant land" as we can.

Hope you enjoy the blog, and please comment with questions/ideas/suggestions/opinions/airings of grievances.

Leeds, Yorkshire's only Gamma-level (that's the one after Alpha and Beta) world city

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck with this new blog. Would you please write an entry explaining the title, "what about the turtles?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's coming soon, but for now I'll keep up the mystery! Look out for future posts.

      Delete